2021-2022 Start Up Information
We are so excited for the new school year - it will be the 100th year of schooling on site.
Here is some fall start-up information:
1) Homeroom Postcards will be mailed around August 15. Students should receive a postcard from their teacher shortly after with information about their homeroom, classroom, and start date.
2) Get the Scoop / Open House / Meet the Teacher is scheduled for August 30, 1-3 pm. Families are welcome to drop by the school to meet teachers, drop off supplies, and grab a bowl of ice cream. Families that pre-ordered school supplies can pick up at this time.
3) School Supply Lists can be found here.
4) 2021/2022 School Calendars can be found here.
5) We will have a staggered start to begin the year:
Students will typically be placed in Cohort A with A-K last names and and Cohort B with L-Z last names. A few students have been placed in the opposite cohort to ensure more even splits. Please check with the school if you are unsure which cohort to attend.
Grade 1-5 students:
- Cohort A: First day September 1
- Cohort B: First day September 2
- All Grade 1-5 students attend regularly from September 3 on.
- Cohort A: First two days are September 1 & 8
- Cohort B: First two days are September 3 & 13
- All English Kindergarten students attend regularly from September 15 on.
- Cohort A: First two days are September 2 & 9
- Cohort B: First two days are September 7 & 10
- All French Kindergarten students attend regularly from September 14 on.
- Cohort A: First two days are September 1 & 7
- Cohort B: First two days are September 2 & 8
- All PreK students attend regularly from September 9 on.
6) We are accepting online registrations via our school website. Please note our PreK has started a short waiting list.
7) The School Office will re-open the week of August 23, 9 am - 12 noon & 1:00 - 3:00 pm.
8) This is a special milestone year at École Rocky as we celebrate 100 years of learning on site. We hope you will join us for the Centennial Celebration and Grandparents Day on Thursday, October 7, 2021.
9) WRSD released an update on health and safety expectations for the coming year. It can be read here: COVID 19 update
10) If you have any questions, please leave a phone message (403) 845-3541 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org